Carbon Law Partners is for ambitious lawyers, who are ready to take the next step in their legal careers. By providing you with the people, processes and applications required to operate a legal practice, we can help you achieve your goal of becoming a law firm partner.
How does Carbon Law Partners work?
Carbon Law Partners is an Alternative Business Structure (ABS) that’s regulated by the SRA. This allows non-lawyers to be involved in the ownership and management of law firms. This benefits our partners as they can expand their client offering beyond the legal sector, adding more skills to their team and more value to their client relationships.
How can you become a Carbon Law Partner?
To become a law firm partner with Carbon, take a look at the following steps.
- Initial Conversation. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a Carbon Law Partner, the first step you need to take is to get in touch. We will then arrange a confidential, informal, no-strings attached chat.
- Follow-up Conversation. Once we have had an initial conversation, we will both need to decide if we want to take it any further. If we do, we will meet for a more in-depth discussion.
- Business Plan Creation. After deciding that you would be a good fit for the Carbon Law Partners team, we will ask you to put together a business plan. We will support you through this process and be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Business Plan Review. When your business plan is finished, it will be reviewed by Michael Burne, Chief Executive of Carbon Law Partners. This will determine whether or not we are all on the same page.
- Business Plan Development. If your business plan is approved by Michael Burne, you will be asked to begin developing it further and be given the opportunity to meet existing Carbon Law Partners.
- Partner Agreement Offer. Once you pass the above steps with flying colours, you will be presented with a Partner Agreement to sign. At this point, the onboarding process will begin to ensure you’re ready for your first day as a Carbon Law Partner.
- Meet the Team. All that’s left to do is meet the team who will be supporting you and your practice on a day-to-day basis.